The Silver Surfer Vaporizer is the world’s most customizable desktop vaporizer.
From the housing, to the base and hose colors, to the glass pieces - this vape can be designed from the ground up to fit your own personal style.
When you first plug in the Silver Surfer for your first use, turn the heat on high for about 5 minutes to burn off any residue from the production process. After 5 minutes, turn the knob back down to about the1 or 2 o’clock position (just right of center) to begin vaporizing.
CAUTION: The heating element & surrounding glass can get VERY HOT!
Silver Surfer Vehicle Instruction Video:
How the Silver Surfer Vehicle Works
Unlike pipes, the vaporizer allows you to inhale herbs without combustion essentially doubling your active ingredients as combustion can destroy up to 60% of the active compounds. The Silver Surfer uses hot air to heat the herbs until the active ingredients boil, vaporize, then are suspended in the air. Instead of burning ingredients out of the herbs, the Super releases the materials contained in the herbs with no burning and without producing the odors and associated waste products produced by smoking. Many people will eat the leftover herbs that have been vaped as they still contain active herb compounds.
The Surfer's heater element can be left on for an extended period of time as long as it is supervised.
Using The Silver Surfer Whip Set Up
The glass wand can be packed with about 1/2 inch of herbs, or just at the frosted line on the bowls. When the packed wand is placed against the Super’s glass heater cover and the user inhales, a vaporous mist is ingested. The mist is easy on the lungs because the user isn’t inhaling smoke or any of the other nasty byproducts of combustion – a feature ex-smokers will greatly appreciate.
First Time Use
When you plug in the Silver Surfer for your first use, turn the heat on high - turn all the way clockwise - for about 5 minutes to burn off any possible residue from the production process. After 5 minutes, turn the knob back down to about the 1 or 2 o’clock position (just right of center) to begin vaporizing.
After The First Use, Find Your Sweet Spot
You will now find your sweet spots for both the whip set up and forced air set up. Note that these will be two different temperatures. The whip setup will need to run hotter than the fan setup due to the fact the fan moves air slower than you inhale, as well as the fan, is a constant draw.
- Turn on the Super Surfer to about 1/4 temperature by rotating the front heat knob clockwise and let the unit warm up for two minutes.
- The ceramic heating element will glow orange, but the glass heater cover also needs to absorb the heat. Meanwhile, prepare and pack the herbs. You may find that this temperature is too low.
- If this is the case you will want to turn your heat setting up by about 1-hour worth on an analog clock and wait about 1-2 minutes for the heater and glass to get to temperature.
- You will repeat this until you find your whip sweet spot.
- Remember your spot and leave it there if you like, or when you are ready to vape again, turn it to your sweet spot and wait about 2 minutes.
Preparing the Herbs
Break up or grind your herbs with a grinder, scissors, or your fingers – just make certain the herbs is broken up and fluffy. We recommend only filling to about just under the frosted line. You can fill higher but this can lead to potentially overheating your herbs. If you do this, just watch you inhale to make sure you do not overheat your herbs and combust them. Once you find what you like, you will fully have your unit adjusted to your liking.
Assembling The Whip
Attach your Whip Mouthpiece and Whip Wand with Bowl to the tubing. The whip can be used manually, or you can attach it to the glass heater cover with the hands free attachment for hands-free use.
Packing The Wand
Loosely cover the screen with about 1/4th to 1/2 inch of herbs. It’s important to not pack too tightly so the heat flows through the bowl evenly. As you gain experience with the SSV, you’ll learn that a little bit goes a long way. Never fill the bowl area past the clear glass and into the ground glass, as it could easily fall into the vaporizer.
As you vape you’ll need to stir occasionally to ensure the herbs are vaporized evenly.
Setting the Desired Heat
After the ceramic heating element has warmed up at maximum heat for two to five minutes, turn the knob back down to about the 1 or 2 o’clock position. During your first session there will be a little bit of trial and error while dialing in the heat setting to fit your personal inhale speed. The 2 o’clock position is common for how most people tend to inhale. If you inhale fast and you aren’t getting enough vapor at this position, turn the heat up. If you inhale slower turn the heat down. The element cools as air passes by it, so your inhale speed directly impacts the amount of vapor produced. In general, a slower inhale produces more vapor, while a faster inhale produces less vapor.
Avoid excessive heat or the air could be hot enough to combust the herbs. If the herbs turn black, it’s an indication combustion is occurring – and that’s not what you want. Turn the heat down!
WARNING! Failure to follow safety recommendations could result in serious injury or property damage.
• During operation, Silver Surfer Vehicle components get sufficiently hot to cause combustion and severe burns! Never touch the ceramic heater, glass heater cover, hands free attachment, or other surface inside the SSV once powered on. Always allow a cool-down before touching any SSV components after turning the device off.
• Keep the SSV out of reach of children and away from pets. Never leave unattended with a child in the vicinity.
• Keep the SSV away from combustibles such as paper, fabric, plastic and anything else you think could catch fire.
• Never let hair or loose clothing come in contact with the heat source.
• Pay attention to power cord placement, and never put the SSV where it could be tipped or could fall over.
• Never leave the Aroma Top on the SSV when it could be tipped or knocked over. Hot oil can burn and stain.
Changing the Screen
With use, the screens will become clogged and will require occasional replacement. The first time you replace a screen it might take a bit longer, but soon you'll get the hang of it and be changing screens in seconds. Before beginning, you might wish to see a short video of the screen-replacement procedure:
Remove existing screen
Using the supplied pick, reach into the tube and hook the screen, then pull it upward from its seated position inside the bowl. Or, use a longer rod to push the screen out from the opposite end.
Install Replacement Screen
- Cup the screen by pressing it into your palm with a finger. Place the screen against the interior wall.
- Press the tip of the pick against the screen and use the pick to push the screen into the tube toward the bulge of the bowl.
- When the screen is positioned at the bulge, use the pick to flip the screen away from the wall and pop it into the bulge. When the screen is flipped, part of the screen pops into the bulge.
- Use the pick to press the screen's perimeter to finish popping the screen into the basket.
Mate the Whip Spherical Wand to the heater cover.
Slide the Hands Free Attachment around the wand, inside the housing. It should be snug, but still allow movement.
Top off your vape with a glass Aroma Top! Add a few wax melts or essential oils to fill your home with a wonderful, clean scent. Mix and match wax melts for a custom aroma of your very own!
(*note: does not work with Hands-Free Attachment in place)
Heater Cover Info
If you need to clean or remove your heater cover for any reason, unplug your Silver Surfer Vehicle and let it cool for AT LEAST 30 minutes before attempting to touch the heater cover. After 30 minutes, hold your hand directly above the unit and feel for any heat still emanating from it. If you still feel the heat, wait an additional 30 minutes or until you are completely sure the unit is cool enough to touch.
Changing/Cleaning your HC
Whether you want to remove your heater cover for transit or clean it after extensive use, we have made the process simple! With our current heater stand, it's just a matter of pulling up on the (COMPLETELY COOLED!) heater cover. A ‘slight’ side-to-side motion might be necessary, but if you feel any resistance at all, do not force it! You are putting force on the glass, and too much could break it and cause injury.
To clean your heater cover, use a mild soap and water combo. For stubborn build-up, we suggest soaking in Isopropyl alcohol and removing the buildup with a pipe cleaner or Tidy Tip.
What's In the Bag?
- Marble Pick
- Glass Mouthpiece
- 3ft Clear Vinyl Hose
- Spherical Flavor Disc Wand
- One pack of 20.8mm Screens (yellow)
- Hands Free Attachment
- 17mm Ceramic Flavor Disc
- Silver Surfer Vaporizer
- SSV Storage Bag
*Aroma Top not included, can be purchased as an add-on at a discount with the purchase of the SSV.
TIPS AND HINTS
- We recommend that you start with a low temperature to begin with, and if you do not see vapor, turn it up slightly; wait 30 seconds and try again, If you still see no vapors, repeat until vapors are visible on exhale.
- If the flow seems restricted, make sure the herbs is not packed too tightly in the wand. Stir with included pick to loosen.
- Screens can become clogged over time, causing issues with airflow, Clean or replace your screen regularly to maintain proper airflow.
- Your personal rate of draw as you inhale through the whip can control the temperature slightly. Drawing faster causes the air to move quickly over the heating element, so it has less time to heat up. Drawing slower has the opposite effect. If you find combustion occurring, either turn down your temperature, or draw slightly faster. Conversely, if you do not feel you are reaching vaporization, either turn up the temperature slightly, or draw slower.
- In no time you will find your ‘sweet spot’ that will allow you to draw at a comfortable rate while still achieving thick and tasty vapors!
Warranty and Service
Register Your Silver Surfer Vehicle to Start the Warranty Period:
Your Silver Surfer Vehicle must be registered within 30 days of purchase to enact the warranty.