When you first plug in the Silver Surfer for your first use, turn the heat on high for about 5 minutes to burn off any residue from the production process. After 5 minutes, turn the knob back down to about the1 or 2 o’clock position (just right of center) to begin vaporizing.
CAUTION: The heating element & surrounding glass can get VERY HOT!
What's In The Bag
- Silver Surfer Vaporizer assembled with a hand-made glass Temperature Knob and Heater Cover
- Padded Storage Bag made of a durable hemp and polyester blend we like to call "hempster"
- Packet of 10 Replacement Screens for your whip Whip Wand
- Glass Whip Mouthpiece
- Hand-made glass Whip Wand with Bowl
- Stainless Steel Pick to stir your herbs or replace the screens
- Whip Tubing made of food grade vinyl
Using The Silver Surfer
First Time Use
When you plug in the Silver Surfer for your first use, turn the heat on high - turn all the way clockwise - for about 5 minutes to burn off any possible residue from the production process. After 5 minutes, turn the knob back down to about the 1 or 2 o’clock position (just right of center) to begin vaporizing.
After The First Use
Turn on the Super Surfer to the desired power by rotating the left knob fully clockwise and let the unit warm up for two minutes. The ceramic heating element will glow orange, but the glass heater cover also needs to heat. Meanwhile, prepare and pack the herbs.
Preparing The herbs
Break up or grind your herbs with a grinder, scissors, or your fingers – just make certain the herbs is broken up and fluffy.
Attach your Whip Mouthpiece and Whip Wand with Bowl to the tubing. The whip can be used manually, or you can attach it to the glass heater cover with the hands free attachment for hands-free use.
Assembling The Whip
Packing The Wand
Loosely cover the screen with about 1/4th to 1/2 inch of herbs. It’s important to not pack too tightly so the heat flows through the bowl evenly. As you gain experience with the SSV, you’ll learn that a little bit goes a long way. Never fill the bowl area past the clear glass and into the ground glass, as it could easily fall into the vaporizer.
As you vape you’ll need to stir occasionally to ensure the herbs are vaporized evenly.
Setting the Desired Heat
After the ceramic heating element has warmed up at maximum heat for two to five minutes, turn the knob back down to about the 1 or 2 o’clock position. During your first session there will be a little bit of trial and error while dialing in the heat setting to fit your personal inhale speed. The 2 o’clock position is common for how most people tend to inhale. If you inhale fast and you aren’t getting enough vapor at this position, turn the heat up. If you inhale slower turn the heat down. The element cools as air passes by it, so your inhale speed directly impacts the amount of vapor produced. In general, a slower inhale produces more vapor, while a faster inhale produces less vapor.
Avoid excessive heat or the air could be hot enough to combust the herbs. If the herbs turn black, it’s an indication combustion is occurring – and that’s not what you want. Turn the heat down!
How the Silver Surfer Works
Unlike pipes, the vaporizer allows you to inhale herbs without combustion. The Silver Surfer uses hot air to heat the herbs until the active ingredients boil, vaporize, then are suspended in the air. Instead of burning ingredients out of the herbs, the SSV releases the materials contained in the herbs with no burning and without producing the odors and associated waste products produced by smoking.
The SSV's heater element can be left on for an extended period of time as long as it is supervised.
The glass wand can be packed with about 1/2 inch of herbs. When the packed wand is placed against the SSV’s glass heater cover and the user inhales, a vaporous mist is ingested. The mist is easy on the lungs because the user isn’t inhaling smoke or any of the other nasty byproducts of combustion – a feature ex-smokers will greatly appreciate.
WARNING! Failure to follow safety recommendations could result in serious injury or property damage.
• During operation, Silver Surfer Herbal Vaporizer components get sufficiently hot to cause combustion and severe burns! Never touch the ceramic heater, glass heater cover, hands free attachment, or other surface inside the SSV once powered on. Always allow a cool-down before touching any SSV components after turning the device off.
• Keep the SSV out of reach of children and away from pets. Never leave unattended with a child in the vicinity.
• Keep the SSV away from combustibles such as paper, fabric, plastic and anything else you think could catch fire.
• Never let hair or loose clothing come in contact with the heat source.
• Pay attention to power cord placement, and never put the SSV where it could be tipped or could fall over.
• Never leave the Aroma Top on the SSV when it could be tipped or knocked over. Hot oil can burn and stain.