The Da Buddha Vehicle is the world’s best budget desktop vaporizer.
All of the same core components as the SSV and all of the same optional accessories; the DBV can vape, dab, and diffuse!
When you first plug in the Da Buddha Vehicle for your first use, turn the heat on high for about 5 minutes to burn off any residue from the production process. After 5 minutes, turn the knob back down to about the 1 or 2 o’clock position (just right of center) to begin vaporizing.
CAUTION: The heating element & surrounding glass can get VERY HOT!
How the Da Buddha Vehicle Works
Unlike pipes, the vaporizer allows you to inhale herbs without combustion essentially doubling your active ingredients as combustion can destroy up to 60% of the active compounds. The Da Buddha Vehicle uses hot air to heat the herbs until the active ingredients boil, vaporize, then are suspended in the air. Instead of burning ingredients out of the herbs, the DBV releases the materials contained in the herbs with no burning and without producing the odors and associated waste products produced by smoking. Many people will eat the leftover herbs that have been vaped as they still contain active herb compounds.
The Buddha's heater element can be left on for an extended period of time as long as it is supervised.
Using the Da Buddha Whip Set Up
The glass hand piece (wand) is packed lightly, not more than 1/3 full, or around 1/4 inch. As soon as the hand piece (wand) is connected with the heating element of the vaporizer, the user inhales instant vapor through the tube! Vapor goes in clear and is exhaled as a big cloud of white mist. Your lungs are saved as they are not inhaling the plant ash and tar. The standard size hand piece offers about 4-7 big inhales before the herbal material dries and becomes brown. Stir it up and try again or unload the hand piece. The user blows through the tube to expel the spent material into a container or trash.
First Time Use
When you plug in the Da Buddha Vehicle for your first use, turn the heat on high - turn all the way clockwise - for about 5 minutes to burn off any possible residue from the production process. After 5 minutes, turn the knob back down to about the 1 or 2 o’clock position (just right of center) to begin vaporizing.
After The First Use, Find Your Sweet Spot
You will now find your sweet spots for both the whip set up and forced air set up. Note that these will be two different temperatures. The whip setup will need to run hotter than the fan setup due to the fact the fan moves air slower than you inhale, as well as the fan, is a constant draw.
- Turn on the Da Buddha Vehicle to about 1/4 temperature by rotating the front heat knob clockwise and let the unit warm up for two minutes.
- The ceramic heating element will glow orange, but the glass heater cover also needs to absorb the heat. Meanwhile, prepare and pack the herbs. You may find that this temperature is too low.
- If this is the case you will want to turn your heat setting up by about 1-hour worth on an analog clock and wait about 1-2 minutes for the heater and glass to get to temperature.
- You will repeat this until you find your whip sweet spot.
- Remember your spot and leave it there if you like, or when you are ready to vape again, turn it to your sweet spot and wait about 2 minutes.
Preparing the Herbs
Break up or grind your herbs with a grinder, scissors, or your fingers – just make certain the herbs is broken up and fluffy. We recommend only filling to no more than half of the bowl's total depth. You can fill higher but this can lead to potentially overheating your herbs. If you do this, just watch you inhale to make sure you do not overheat your herbs and combust them. Once you find what you like, you will fully have your unit adjusted to your liking.
Assembling The Whip
Attach your Whip Mouthpiece and Whip Wand with Bowl to the tubing. The whip can be used manually, or you can attach it to the glass heater cover with the hands free attachment for hands-free use.
Packing The Wand
Loosely cover the screen with about 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch of herbs. It’s important to not pack too tightly so the heat flows through the bowl evenly. As you gain experience with the DBV, you’ll learn that a little bit goes a long way. Never fill the bowl to more than half of its depth as it could easily fall into the vaporizer.
As you vape you’ll need to stir occasionally to ensure the herbs are vaporized evenly.
Setting the Desired Heat
After the ceramic heating element has warmed up at maximum heat for two to five minutes, turn the knob back down to about the 1 or 2 o’clock position. During your first session there will be a little bit of trial and error while dialing in the heat setting to fit your personal inhale speed. The 2 o’clock position is common for how most people tend to inhale. If you inhale fast and you aren’t getting enough vapor at this position, turn the heat up. If you inhale slower turn the heat down. The element cools as air passes by it, so your inhale speed directly impacts the amount of vapor produced. In general, a slower inhale produces more vapor, while a faster inhale produces less vapor.
Avoid excessive heat or the air could be hot enough to combust the herbs. If the herbs turn black, it’s an indication combustion is occurring – and that’s not what you want. Turn the heat down!
WARNING! Failure to follow safety recommendations could result in serious injury or property damage.
• During operation, Da Buddha Vehicle components get sufficiently hot to cause combustion and severe burns! Never touch the ceramic heater, glass heater cover, hands free attachment, or other surface inside the DBV once powered on. Always allow a cool-down before touching any DBV components after turning the device off.
• Keep the DBV out of reach of children and away from pets. Never leave unattended with a child in the vicinity.
• Keep the DBV away from combustibles such as paper, fabric, plastic and anything else you think could catch fire.
• Never let hair or loose clothing come in contact with the heat source.
• Pay attention to power cord placement, and never put the DBV where it could be tipped or could fall over.
• Never leave the Aroma Top on the DBV when it could be tipped or knocked over. Hot oil can burn and stain.
Changing the Screen
With use, the screens will become clogged and will require occasional replacement. The first time you replace a screen it might take a bit longer, but soon you'll get the hang of it and be changing screens in seconds. Before beginning, you might wish to see a short video of the screen-replacement procedure:
Remove existing screen
Using the supplied pick, reach into the tube and hook the screen, then pull it upward from its seated position inside the bowl. Or, use a longer rod to push the screen out from the opposite end.
Install Replacement Screen
- Cup the screen by pressing it into your palm with a finger. Place the screen against the interior wall.
- Press the tip of the pick against the screen and use the pick to push the screen into the tube toward the bulge of the bowl.
- When the screen is positioned at the bulge, use the pick to flip the screen away from the wall and pop it into the bulge. When the screen is flipped, part of the screen pops into the bulge.
- Use the pick to press the screen's perimeter to finish popping the screen into the basket.
Glass Aroma Top
Top off your vape with a glass Aroma Top! Add a few wax melts or essential oils to fill your home with a wonderful, clean scent. Mix and match wax melts for a custom aroma of your very own!
(*note: does not work with Hands-Free Attachment in place)
Heater Cover Info
If you need to clean or remove your heater cover for any reason, unplug your Da Buddha Vehicle and let it cool for AT LEAST 30 minutes before attempting to touch the heater cover. After 30 minutes, hold your hand directly above the unit and feel for any heat still emanating from it. If you still feel the heat, wait an additional 30 minutes or until you are completely sure the unit is cool enough to touch.
Changing/Cleaning your HC
Whether you want to remove your heater cover for transit or clean it after extensive use, we have made the process simple! With our current heater stand, it's just a matter of pulling up on the (COMPLETELY COOLED!) heater cover. A ‘slight’ side-to-side motion might be necessary, but if you feel any resistance at all, do not force it! You are putting force on the glass, and too much could break it and cause injury.
To clean your heater cover, use a mild soap and water combo. For stubborn build-up, we suggest soaking in Isopropyl alcohol and removing the buildup with a pipe cleaner or Tidy Tip.
What's In the Bag?
- Da Buddha Vehicle assembled with an aluminum temperature control knob and a Conical Glass Heater Cover.
- Padded hand-made storage bag made of a hemp and polyester blend we like to call "hempster"
- Glass Whip Wand with Bowl
- Glass Whip Mouthpiece
- Whip Tubing made of food-grade vinyl
- Stainless Steel Pick to stir your herbs or replace the screens
- Replacement 14.8mm Screens for the Whip Wand
TIPS AND HINTS
- We recommend that you start with a low temperature to begin with, and if you do not see vapor, turn it up slightly; wait 30 seconds and try again, If you still see no vapors, repeat until vapors are visible on exhale.
- If the flow seems restricted, make sure the herbs is not packed too tightly in the wand. Stir with included pick to loosen.
- Screens can become clogged over time, causing issues with airflow, Clean or replace your screen regularly to maintain proper airflow.
- Your personal rate of draw as you inhale through the whip can control the temperature slightly. Drawing faster causes the air to move quickly over the heating element, so it has less time to heat up. Drawing slower has the opposite effect. If you find combustion occurring, either turn down your temperature, or draw slightly faster. Conversely, if you do not feel you are reaching vaporization, either turn up the temperature slightly, or draw slower.
- In no time you will find your ‘sweet spot’ that will allow you to draw at a comfortable rate while still achieving thick and tasty vapors!
Warranty and Service
Register Da Buddha Vehicle to Start the Warranty Period:
Your Da Buddha Vehicle must be registered within 30 days of purchase to enact the warranty.