Glassblowing is an amazing art that you can be a part of with the help of Elev8 Premier and their Liquid Arts Glassblowing Class.
Note that we can only have classes on Sat. or Sun. of the week so when you buy your class expect it to be on the weekend.
Buy in a group and save
- 1 seat is $125
- 3-5 seats are $110 each
- 6-8 seats are $100 each
If You Must Rebook Or Cancel, You NEED TO KNOW
- 50% of payment is non refundable (so make sure you want to do this)
- Reschedule with in 48 hours with no fee
- Reschedule between 48-24 hours is a 10% rescheduling fee
- If you need to reschedule within 24 hours of your class this will be a 20% rescheduling fee
In this beginner class we will go over the basics of glassblowing. We will go over the torch and what the flames are like neutral, reduction and oxidizing. We will go over the safety of glassblowing in this class so that we have fun with no injuries. Basically hot glass burns and sharp glass cuts.
In this glassblowing class we will also go over marble making and pendant making. We will only go over the basics here as there is a lot to learn about how the glass reacts as it is heated in the flame. Adding loops for the first time can be challenging so this is why our instructor will be able to finalize any piece you are having difficulty with.
Note that glassblowing for the first time is FUN, but it also takes a lot of brain power, so don't be surprised if feel drained. Your brain is doing things it has not done before and is being pushed hard.
What you get with a liquid arts glassblowing class.
- 4 hours of studio time. You will be on the torch for about 3 hours as there is safety and project lessons that we have to go over.
- Eye protection is supplied
- Fuel and oxygen are supplied
- Torch is supplied
- Glass is supplied
Considerations to take:
- Dress warm on cold days as we have a very good exhaust system, so if its cold outside, its cold inside.
- Must wear shoes
- Bring some snacks if you do not want vending machine snacks
- Be prepared to stand for 4 hours
How It Works When You Buy This Class:
- Your order will be passed along to Elev8 Premier. The manager will contact you within 2 business days to schedule your time.
- You will be contacted via phone to discus the times.
- Our studio is only open for classes on the weekends as we are a working studio and the staff is in production mode.
- Glassblowing terms and techniques (See Blog Below)
- Visit the Elev8 Premier Glass Studio Page
- Elev8 Premier YouTube Videos
"Hey guys, was great time for us too we had a good laugh, it was nice to get some guidance and also to be allowed to just play around with the glass without having to follow a tight frame. I would totally recommend it and will rate it highly. You guys were super friendly etc so thank you."
"This by far has been one of the best days out I've had in Colorado Springs. The instructor was friendly and you could tell he knew his stuff and really enjoys his work. He took the time to carefully demonstrate and gave me plenty of opportunity to practice all while teaching me about glass blowing. The owner is lovely as well and stopped by to chat and I left with a goody bag of cool stuff as well as the glasswork I got to make. 10/10 would absolutely recommend and will definitely come back!"
"We came looking for a fun thing to do in Colorado Springs since it was going to be cold and boy did we find it. We got the opportunity to make different objects out of glass and the staff was so helpful and friendly! They not only helped us with our work but genuinely cared to get to know us. Elev8 definitely brought the heat!"
"It was a great experience! The instructor was very helpful and never too far from where we were. We got to keep the marbles and pendants that we made and even a few that he made when he was showing us new things. Would definitely do it again!"
"Such a cool experience!! The instructor was amazing he taught nice and slowly for beginners to easily pick up on. I have a new found respect for glassblowers!! Would definitely recommend this experience to others."
"Fantastic experience. A great balance of structure and freedom to create"
"My mom and I are visiting from Texas, and this is something she has always wanted to do! Everyone at Elev8 were super welcoming and friendly! We had so much fun with our instructor Sean and made some really neat pieces. If you’re in Colorado Springs, you definitely have to check these guys out! Thank you again